Starboard Generation 12′ x 28″ SUP 2020 Lite Tech
This 12’6″ x 28″ Starboard Generation is the best of 3 worlds; Surfing, Racing and Touring. It was designed to be an easy surfing, race and touring paddle board for anybody and everybody. It will remind you of the Longboard when surfing as the tail outline makes it respond with ease, the All Star when racing in all water conditions, and the Touring when when it comes to stability and user-friendliness. The Generation is basically the perfect one-board quiver. A true high-performance all round paddle board. Available in the lightest and fastest Carbon Top technology and the best value Lite Tech construction.
|Length (cm)||381 cm|
|Width (cm)||71.1 cm|
|Thickness (cm)||16.0 cm|
|Tail Width (Imperial)||16.5”|
|Tail Width (cm)||41.8 cm|
|Rider Weight||70-100 kg|
|Fin Set Up||Thruster|
|Fins||Lite Tech: 8″/5.5|
|Weight Lite Tech||12.85 kg (Est)|
• Extra rigidity with introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements.
• Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
• All inserts have added high density foam reinforcements.
NARROW NOSE OUTLINE
Produces speed down the line and control to fit in tighter pockets on larger hollow waves.
ROUND VEE NOSE
• Helps lift the board to accelerate faster and maintain higher top speed.
• It also floats over chop smoothly, making it versatile to handle all conditions.
DEEP DOUBLE CONCAVE
Supports the round Vee with stability direct under foot.
GRADUAL NOSE KICK
• Helps stop the board from diving in surf and downwind, as well as lifting over chop upwind.
• The curved rocker is fast on flats, smooth in the surf and very capable in chop.
RAIL TUCK EDGE
Round to avoid nose catching, sharpening at the middle to creat a stable platform, through to sharp edge at the tail to carve in surf.
Fairly parallel, which delivers a predictable and controlled glide. The wide nose delivers fast acceleration when sprinting as it floats on top of the water. The tail is pulled into a square shape, making it easier to sink for fast buoy turns and most responsive to turn sharply in surf.
Maintained throughout the entire pro le of the board, giving a balanced glide from nose to tail. The Generation is thinner than a Touring and Race board, making it lighter to maneuver and easier to carry.
For comfort and stability. The flat deck makes it easy to move freely around when trimming the board and surfing on the tail.
BUNGEE TIE DOWN
A Bungee tie down in front of the board for storing gear and supplies.
230 CENTER FIN
Provides good straight-line tracking and is easy to buoy turn when racing.
A thruster set up with the 5.5” side fins proved the best combination for added drive and control to turn the board with ease in surf.