The Werner Athena is a beautifully cut paddle that is gentle on the upper body and buoyant, while maintaining Werner’s advanced designs. This paddle is a perfect match for someone who is looking to keep a faster tempo and sustain an easy stroke. The Athena is Werner’s lightest and most effective touring design. Available in straight. bent, standard, and small shaft options.
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner’s most advanced designs.
- Small-sized low angle blades are ideal for smaller paddlers looking to be gentle to their bodies, while allowing for a faster cadence to keep up with the group.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blades creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Dynel® edges protect the paddle from the rigorous environment paddlers often find themselves in. A roping material, dynel is impact and abrasion resistant.
- A smooth back face makes for cleaner entry and exit of your strokes and an elegant feel on the water.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Optimized flex and strength. Choose our carbon Straight or Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter.
- The Smart View Adjustable ferrule is the most simple, precise fitting on the market. The solid feel of a 1-piece paddle and nothing to snag your gear. (US Patent # 6881111 )
|Construction:||Carbon and Foam Core|
|Width:||Blade: 48 x 15cm|
|Weight:||Straight shaft: 638g (22.5oz)
Bent shaft: 716g (25.25oz)